For those seniors over 50 seeking for a second chance at love and dating, SilverSingles is a great option. As a way to help members to find their ideal match, the site has created a very specific personality test based on the “Five Factor Model”, which allows users to match and get in touch through the app with those selected as their ideal matches.
1. Sign-up process
SilverSingle offers people over 50 a site to find their matches through a very simple and personalized process. No matter if they use iOS, Android or a desktop computer, the site offers a friendly and an easy-access to the platform for those single seniors.
The steps users need to follow for the sign-up process are:
- Fill general personal information: age, gender, location, sexual interests.
- A valid email address will be required.
- Take the personality test.
- Create a password.
- Upload a profile photo.
After this initial progress, five ideal matches will be presented to users. Even though the number will be quite low, reality is that this helps seniors making a better decision, by having a reduced number of matches but very accurate ones. On the other hand, the site makes sure members have a daily new list of all those matches they have found through the personality test results.
Once users have finished their sign-up process, the log-in is quite simple as well. Their email address and password will be required, and all they have to do next is to sit back and let the site do the work… By giving them a highly compatible number of matches to start with. Also, members can be more proactive and use the advanced search filters of the site to find their own ideal match.
Having a wide-open variability of communication options is one of the most important and valuable features SilverSenior owns. They allow members to communicate through different ways, going for sending winks to instant messenger through the app.
The entire platform is designed to ensure members good communication, in order to make sure they will find their ideal partner. However, for most of sites’ features, a paid membership is required. SilverSingle’s match system – through the personality test – is one of the most famous, impressive and complete features they own.
Based on the Five Factor Model theory and created by psychologists and experts on the dating field. The test makes sure to cover users’ history, preferences, lifestyle, their most admirable qualities and those they are interested on.
Going for over 100 questions, the test might take some time to complete but definitely is worth it to have such a catered and intelligent suggestion for matches every day for seniors to try.
Members can see their matching scores when taking on consideration another users’ profile and see how compatible they are according to their results on the personality test and both interest and hobbies.
Some other features to take into consideration are:
- Every day five new different possibilities of matching are offered.
- Different type of searching filters for users to try themselves, including age, height, education, and distance.
- A thorough FAQs page answers common questions about the seniors dating site and online dating in general.
- The “Have you met?” page highlights a profile and invites members to send a smile or message with a single click. This way they ensure the communication between members and increase the possibilities of success.
- SilverSingles highly appreciates safety and privacy. That is the reason why they developed a sophisticated time-tested fraud detection system, which keeps member’s information secure of scammers and fraud.
3. Quality of profiles
For SilverSingles creating a complete and accessible profile, based on a consistent personality tab information, is the key to ensure real compatibility among members and not just short-term interest.
On the other hand, the simple and basic layout this site offers are perfect for their target population. Combining different light colors pleasurable to the eyes is one of the main highlights of the site. As a plus, the site also makes sure the access to all its features is quite simple and easy to find on the platform.
Those characteristics that describe the quality of the site are:
- More than 20 pictures can be uploaded.
- Profile information can be changed any time later.
- They make sure all members’ profiles look genuine.
- The profile making process is very specific and simple to follow.
4. Why premium is better?
Although, SilverSingles offers their users a free membership -which has some limitations-, in order to use the entire features’ repertory the site has to offer, a paid membership is required.
For most users, having the opportunity to free access at the beginning is a very useful tool. This way, users are able to see if the site actually covers the needs they have and also if they are comfortable enough with the results of the matching process.
Some of the possibilities the free account membership offers are:
- Create a basic profile.
- Completely filling the personality test.
- Having access to the platform with email.
- Upload a picture, directly or imported from your Facebook account.
Some other features not included for this type of membership are:
- View other members’ photos.
- See when another member has viewed their profile.
- Receiving and sending messages.
- Leave comments on other members’ photos.
- Access to the premium features.
On the other hand, the premium membership allows members to access all the features the site offers, some of these are:
- Being able to view all photos.
- Unlimited communication.
- See all those people who have seen their profiles.
- Receive extra daily matches.
- Access to all premium features.
Having a premium account definitely has its benefits and it’s worth it for the price to find that second chance in love and relationships single seniors are looking for. By just having a free account membership, users are not able to interact properly with other users, cutting off any chances or intentions of romance.
5. Real-Life experiences
Update: Recently, there has been lot of complaints about the site. Lesser or no matches + Refund issues + inactive profiles. We recommend you checking better alternative sites by clicking here.
Here are some of the pros and cons for this site:
- The personality test allows members to have a complete enough perspective about both their own and possible matches’ desires, making the connections even stronger.
- A simple and friendly platform makes it easier to navigate. Especially for those seniors not particularly comfortable with technology.
- SilverSingle takes safety very seriously, they put their interest in developing features that ensure it.
- A paid membership is required in order to enjoy most features and to get in touch with other members.
- For some users, the lengthy questionnaire from the sing-up progress is too time-consuming and tedious to complete.
- Daily, the site delivers just five new matches selected by their personality test compatibility. Some users might find this a little bit limiting.