EliteSingles has been positioned as one of the most popular online dating sites in the USA. The site uses an intelligent matching system based on a personality test, particularly for those intellectual seniors seeking a serious long-term relationship. Members are more likely to be academics, having in most cases -more than 80%- a university degree.
1. Sign up Process – A serious lengthy process.
EliteSingles takes relationships very seriously. Actually, the site remains as only a serious-relationship one – So, no hooks up with the “elite”. That way they take the sign-up process as a lengthy and detailed work, in order to match with a user with quality minded individuals.
As an important feature to create quality matches, the site progress contains a special personality test based on the Five Factor Model Theory, which asks over 100 multiple choice questions, which will take about 45 minutes to finish.
Even though the EliteSingles sign-up process might be lengthy and quite tedious, the reality behind this complex process is that the site gets a more accurate idea of who their users are. So, they can ensure more compatibles matches for those single seniors. Sounds fair enough, right?
Those steps users need to follow in order to create a profile successfully are:
- General information is required –age, gender, occupation, location, sexual preferences.
- Go through the personality questionnaire.
- Upload a photo. Additionally, answer seven open-ended questions about yourself.
- Select a membership plan, which can be skipped.
- Now, the site will show you the matches, 3-7 per day.
No doubt the most interesting and amazing feature EliteSingles has is their personality test based on the Big Five Personality Dimensions. This test allows members to see their matches’ results in order to understand better their personality, as well as their own.
This extremely detailed personality test identifies more than 20 unique personality traits. The Big Five dimensions in which is based are agreeableness, openness, extroversion, conscientiousness, and neuroticism. Members can see others’ results but not the specific answer to the questions that led to the final result.
Additionally, according to the intelligent matching system, users can also identify those personality traits about themselves and about their possible matches too.
Another interesting feature of the site includes:
- Have you Met is a feature developed for those singles looking for a new and different option from the regular matches. This way, the site offers a new list of matches outside of the pre-chosen ones.
- Wildcard Match offers to those premium members some extra features and benefits, which includes about 20 extra matches per day, according to their personality test. Also, all matches previously viewed or rejected are permanently removed from the user account. So, no more checking on the same single twice.
- The Hot or Not section helps users to show interest in others by allowing to send messages through the site, increasing this way the communication between them.
- EliteSingles takes security and safety very seriously, so they have developed the Verified Profiles features. This way all scammers and intention of fraud can be detected opportunely.
- EliteSingles Magazine, a blog in which users can find different tips and tricks for dating and relationships.
Editor’s Note: Here’s the list of best senior dating sites for mature singles.
3. Quality of profiles
According to the age bracket of EliteSingles, going from 35 to 55 years old (lower than most senior dating sites), the site presents a very modern, visually-pleasing and elegant design with multiple charts and colors for their elegant, sophisticated and well-educated users.
Member’s profiles are really comprehensive, thanks to all the information from the sign-up questionnaire. As a plus, users can complete manually this information and also add even more pictures of their choice.
Any profile which has footprint of being fake or suspicious is instantly blocked.
Some characteristics to highlight from the EliteSingle’ profile are:
- The detailed profiles structure. The profile information can be finished or changed later if needed.
- When both matches answered the same question equally, responses are highlighted in their profiles.
- Being able to see other users’ photos is only available for paid memberships.
For EliteSingles, having a well-filled profile is essential to finding a good match. When members check their matches’ profiles, the compatibility is shown by marking their profiles with a heart, this way members can identify those ideal matches according to their personality test compatibility.
4. Why premium is better?
EliteSingle offers its users a limited number of features within a free membership, but in order to enjoy the entire repertory of features and benefits, upgrading to a paid membership is required. This way users ensure their possibilities of finding the ideal match they are searching for.
Here are some of the characteristics the free membership account offers:
- Receive matches suggestions
- Sending likes and smiles through the site.
- Account registration and profile creation.
The most important limitation free membership have is the impossibility to start a conversation with those you were matched.
On the other hand, the characteristics of the premium membership account are quite different. Users have access to:
- View their matches’ photos.
- Receive a notification when someone else viewed your profiles.
- Daily matches 5 to 10 selected by the results in the personality test.
- Starting conversations by sending and receiving messages through the website.
Using the free membership is a great option for those seniors trying to find their definitive online dating site. This way they can have a really good perspective about what EliteSingles can offer to them and whether they are interested or not. But, eventually, in order to be able to enjoy completely the amazing features and benefits the site has to offer, you will need to sign-up for a paid membership.
When comparing EliteSingles prices with other online dating sites, this is quite upper for average. But, having some “elite” on your ideal match will definitely worth it, don’t you think?
5. My experience – The bad and the good
EliteSingles UI style and design is simple but sophisticated at the same time. Although the sign-up process and profile making might be quite lengthy, the site offers users to save their process and return later if needed.
The site takes dating as a very serious matter. In fact, all the sites’ features orient their members to very serious and formal type of communication, on the contrary of most online dating sites which offers casual encounters.
- Extremely secure and private platform.
- Perfect place for a serious long-term relationship
- Sophisticated and friendly profiles easy to identify for others.
- The app doesn’t drain your phone battery, even if using it for a while.
- Very detailed matching system that analyses more than 20-character traits.
- Limitations for using the app without a paid membership
- The sign-up and profile making process might be too lengthy and time-consuming for most users.
- The site generally doesn’t allow members to search personally, their matches are provided by the platform through the results of the personality test.