eHarmony remains as one of the most popular sites and with the largest trajectory on the online dating market. Their sophisticated and complete algorithm program ensures their members a highly compatible matching process with successful results.
1. Sign-up Process
eHarmony is well-known for their complete but also lengthy sign-up progress. This is the cost of having such a sophisticated and intelligent matching system that will look for quality matches for their users according to their personal traits.
No doubt eHarmony’s questionnaire is the most attractive feature to highlight from the sign-up progress. The personality test asks users to answer about 150 multiple choice questions, ranging from “Not at All” to “Very Well” for different statements.
The entire process is actually quite simple, here are some of the items users need to follow:
- Fill the basic general information question: Gender, age, location and zip code, marital status and sexual preferences.
- Answer the personality survey questions, which gathers information such as lifestyle, believes, desires, skill, and some qualities users look for in their ideal partner.
- Upload a profile picture & choose the best four words that describe them as a person, such as being a funny and good listener or loyal friend.
Check the matches right away. The site will show users daily matches according to their preferences.
Although the sign-up process might be long -taking about half an hour to complete- eHarmony platform guides users through the entire process. Also, the site shows them how far they have progressed through the questionnaire.
2. The Features
eHarmony understands the real importance of using an online dating site for seniors over 50. According to this, they remain as a site with simple and limited numbers of featured options.
No doubt the best and most attractive feature of the site is their Compatibility Matching System, which through a personality questionnaire allows members to increase their opportunities of finding a great match. Also, this feature places the website as one with the highest compatible members matches on the market.
Having a lot of features can be fun and interesting but, for those seniors that are not technological savvies or not interested in constantly receiving notifications for things out of their interests, is quite perfect.
To eHarmony, safety and security always come first, so they have put their interest in making features that exalt it. As a result, SecureCall was developed, which is a unique feature that allows members to communicate through a phone call with other members without revealing any personal profile information.
Another interesting feature they own is Book of You, which helps their users to create a better idea for those traits they own and those they are compatible with. By understanding this, seniors have an extra weapon to identify who is their better match.
3. Quality of Profiles
The site makes sure all those members interested in other users’ profiles get a first wide-complete idea of who they are and what they like, before trying to make contact with them. In order to help them to make really good connections with their matches and increase the opportunities of finding the right one.
The general information users are able to see goes from personal descriptions of themselves, such as their likes and dislikes; which are their best skills; to how their friends would describe them.
As an extra quality feature, the website layout is really comfortable to see. Having a very sophisticated but also simple design.
The characteristics that better describes the eHarmony profiles are:
- Profile pictures can’t be seen for free.
- They make sure all members’ profiles are genuine.
- Profile information can be changed at any time users want.
- They respect privacy, so no one can see when a user was last active.
4. Why Premium is Better?
Like many other online dating sites, eHarmony allows users to join for free, as well to make their profiles, among other few features available. However, in order to have full access to all features the site has to offer, a paid membership is required.
Here’s the limited features that you get in free account:
- Sending and receiving emails.
- Access to other users’ profiles for a limited period.
- Account registration and personality profile creation.
Some of the limitations for this type of account are the impossibility of starting a conversation with those matches and not being able to see their profile picture as well.
On the other hand, the premium account offers a wide variability of features to their members. Here we have some of the characteristics:
- Being able to see members’ photos.
- Receive a notification when someone else viewed their profiles.
- Receive and send communication requests at any time.
- Making the Book of You personality analysis.
- Access to SecureCall service.
So, what is the good part about it?
Having the opportunity to see your potential matches before making a formal payment is very nice, this way users are able to see if eHarmony actually knows what they are looking for and just them, become a premium member.
Even though compared with other online dating sites, eHarmony prices go a little bit above average, but finding the right match for you might be worthy, don’t you think?
5. Real Life Review
It has been almost 4 years since I met the Love of my Life on eHarmony! If it wasn’t for eHarmony, we would have never met! We have been happily married for over 3 years now and we have a beautiful daughter together! I would recommend this site to anyone looking for their true love! I have read posts about people getting over charged or not being able to cancel their memberships, well we didn’t have any problems at all. – Tammy on Consumersaffair.com
Here’s the good and bad things about eHarmony I & our community has experienced:
- The site is well-known for matching serious relationships, ideal for those seniors trying for a long-term relationship.
- The incredible and intelligent matching system allows members to feel secure about their match suggestions and to predict how successful their relationships will be.
- Having a preselected list of matches saves members a lot of time, searching over hundreds of profiles without any guarantee of success.
- If guarantee users can’t find what they are searching for, eHarmony offers them three-month of free access if they are not satisfied o haven’t found someone after three months of membership use.
The site doesn’t allow members to search on their own, only to make contact with those matches eHarmony has previously selected for them. Some users might find this a little bit limiting.
- The membership price goes beyond the average of other dating websites.
- Users are not able to communicate with others until they got the membership subscription.
- The registration process and profile making might take more time than usual on other dating sites.
A constant complaint about eHarmony is their restriction over same-sex matching. The site doesn’t allow members to select their same-sex when asked about their sexual preferences at the beginning of profile making.