Are you single and over 50? Seeking a new opportunity in romance? If you said yes to any of these questions, you should consider DatingForSeniors as a valuable option. The site owns an increasing database with seniors worldwide. This way, members are closer to knowing like-minded people of the same age and explore their options out there.
1. Sign-up process
DatingForSeniors’ registration process is quite easy and simple to complete. Users will be asked about personal information in order to create more specific profiles and more accurate matches.
Also, the site offers an open space for members to -in their own words- describe themselves and what exactly they are looking for in their ideal partner. So, they can decide whether they are interested or not in someone else’s profile description.
The following steps are the one users need to fill in order to have a successful registration process:
- Complete the question about yourself, your preferences, hobbies, likes, and dislikes.
- General information like name, age, gender, education, sexual preference, occupation and so on.
- Write, in your own words, everything you want about yourself and what you are looking for in a partner.
The log-in process is very simple as well. Users only need to submit their email address and password, in order to start enjoying all the benefits the site has to offer. Also, members are able to check the log-in status of other members, this way, they will know whether they are active or not at that time.
Even though DatingForSeniors offers a free sign-up process and access to some features of the site, in order to have full access and communicate with other members, their members need to upgrade their account.
The site offers several features that make it different from most online dating sites. Here we collect some of the characteristics of these features.
- Rapid Match this interesting feature helps the user find their matches faster than usual. The site presents several profiles and if members find someone of their interest, they will click the “I’m interested” button to show interest. The other member has the option to say “yes” -or not- to the request… And just like that, a match will be made.
- Invisible Mode is an incredible privacy option the site has to offer. Users are able to decide to become “invisible” to other members. This way, they avoid being seen or contacted from anyone out there and just by those they select instead.
- Little Black Book is a unique feature that allows users to keep track of all those members they have contacted, add them to their “book list” and immediately have full access to all private photos and content they will upload. Previously, there will be mutual consent between the two members.
- Another feature from this site is Your Admirer, which lets members know when other members have added them to their favorites list. Quite special, don’t you think?
Although, the free membership will have some limitations when getting in touch with other members, there are also some communication options for this type of account, such as sending flirts through “winks” and emails.
3. Quality of profiles
Attending to the need of single seniors over 50, the most interested demographic on DatingForSeniors, which generally tend to be non-tech savvy, the design of the site remains very simple and easy to handle. Seniors will find exactly what they want in the place they expect it to be.
Even though the platform is quite simple, profiles are very complete and detailed, with a lot of personal information. Ranging from education, interests, background, likes, dislikes and so on, they will have all the information required to know if they will be interested in taking the next step with the other member just by viewing their profile.
On the other hand, a profile picture is available for everyone to see, but checking on the entire album’s photo requires a premium membership. Also, the site allows members to know when other users were last active by showing this information in their profile status as “last seen”, similar to other websites such as Facebook.
4. Why premium is better?
DatingForSeniors offers members a free membership with limited functions. On the other hand, having a premium one offers members a wide-open list of benefits, including direct contact with other member and enjoying the rest of the private features of the site as well.
There are different features and accessibility for free and premium memberships, here are some of the characteristics of each one:
- Profile creation.
- Sending winks and emails.
- Having access just to the profile picture.
- Browse around and check on the other members.
- Communicating with those matches through the platform is possible.
- Having a full access to the entire information and album photo of other members.
- Complete access to all features like “Little Black Book”, “Your Admirer”, “Invisible Mode” and so on.
- The browse option is expanded with a higher number of characteristics covered from the members’ profiles.
- When comparing fees and cost of DatingForSeniors with other online dating sites, they are very reasonable.
- Connection to the site’s forum. In which users are able to chat about any number of topics and to have a voice in the online community.
Generally, free membership is an option for those single seniors interested in looking for a place to find their second chance in love. This way, they are allowed to give a look to the entire platform and general features of the site, to then decide whether the site will be the right for them or not. And only then, upgrade for a premium membership.
5. My experience
DatingForSeniors caters for those seniors over 50, who might find themselves intimidated or frightened about starting all over again in the love and relationships field.
The combination of friendly and easy registration progress as well as a simple layout makes a perfect mix for single seniors. Not only to find love and long-term relationships, but also traveler companions or just friends for outdoor activities.
Some of the pros and cons of the site are:
- Privacy and security options.
- Free membership for all users.
- A functional matching system.
- Simple and friendly layout and profile creation.
- Customer support available 24/7. Both call and chat-line option.
- A 3 days’ free premium trial is offered to all members just by joining the app.
- Features like “Little Black Book”, “Your Admirer” and “Quick Match” are only available for premium membership.
- Even though sign-up and profile creation is for free, starting conversations with other members requires a premium membership.
DatingForSeniors.com Review: Fraud or Works? — SeniorDatingXP